Pitcher Fielding Perfection: The Fifth Infielder
In stock! FREE Shipping.Our price is always the lowest price
allowed by the manufacturer!
with Eric Valenzuela, San Diego St. University Pitching Coach
In this on-field presentation, Eric Valenzuela shares the philosophy and
drills used to develop a solid fielding pitching staff. He breaks down each area
of pitcher defense sharing his philosophy and the importance of pitchers
The drill progression begins with PFP Catch. This warm-up stretches and
trains the arm to make game-like throws (pick-offs, throw to the bases, bunt
The drill sequence continues with:
- Comebackers - Get detailed instruction on fielding and throwing balls
hit to the left and right of the mound.
- Covering First Base - Learn the proper footwork to field the under hand
toss or the over hand throw from the first baseman and what to look for
after the play is made.
- Bunt coverage - Learn how to read the speed and location of the bunt,
which will help your pitcher make the best decision on how to play the bunt.
- Pass balls - See how to help the catcher get to the ball, how to cover
the plate and getting the tag down.
- Covering first base on a double play and more!
- Coach Valenzuela finishes with a break down of pick off moves for the
right and left handed pitcher. Learn the key to making an early pick
effective, learn to avoid a balk, and how to stall the running game.
Finally, Coach Valenzuela discusses how your pitchers can conceal their
pitches and minimize glove and elbow movement that might tip your pitch.
Improve your defense this season by locking down your middle infield and
creating more rally killing outs with effective fielding and pick off
techniques! 73 minutes. 2011.