featuring Nancy Dorsey,
St. James Academy (KS) Head Coach;
2015 AVCA National High School Coach of the Year;
2015 Kansas Class 5A state champions;
seven state titles in nine years 2008-15 (finished runner up twice);
VBM 2013 High School Team of the Year;
American Family Insurance 2013 All-USA Volleyball Coach of the Year;
2x PrepVolleyball.com National Champions (2013, 2010);
won 56 straight matches from 2012-13; lost only one set in 2013 (finishing 96-1); over 420 career wins
This 5 video bundle features:
High School Volleyball: Dynamic Practice Design and Drills
Coach Dorsey demonstrates 11 drills that touch on all aspects of the game. She shows drills that get players involved and moving throughout the entire practice. She makes every drill competitive to simulate a game-like situation, and conditions the players through the various drills. Coach Dorsey explains how each drill can be simplified for less experienced players or made more challenging for advanced players.
- Learn how to create effective practices with fast-paced, purpose-driven drills
- Learn how to get the most out of your players physically and mentally with a game-like, dynamic practice
- Learn how to include ball control in most of your practices drills so all your players can learn to pass, set and hit
111 minutes. 2014.
High School Volleyball Systems: 5-1 Offense
Nancy Dorsey goes beyond teaching you the technical aspects of building a 5-1 offense. She does a great job explaining the challenges your setter will face, which enables you to address those concerns before confronting them in a game situation.
- Gain more consistency out of your setter position by using only one setter in your offensive system
- Discover drills for emphasizing different aspects of the 5-1 that will allow your players to grasp the offense more quickly
- Learn the nuances of the 5-1 to better prepare your team for any challenges they may face in a match
64 minutes. 2014.
High School Volleyball Systems: 6-2 Offense
Coach Dorsey's presentation gives all the basic alignments for serve, serve receive, and base positioning for each rotation. You'll also gain insight into different rotational and hitting options at each level.
- Use the 6-2 offense to keep three attackers in the front row at all times and pressure your opponents defense
- Learn how to introduce rotational and base positioning to players to limit overlapping errors
- Learn drills that focus on serve and serve receive options in the 6-2 offense
63 minutes. 2014.
High School Volleyball Systems: Perimeter Defense
This season, utilize the strengths of your team by installing the perimeter defense for your smaller, quicker lineup!
- Discover an ideal defense for teams with small blockers and quick athletes
- Learn games that help teach the skills needed to run the perimeter defense
- Learn how to defend open areas of the court when using the perimeter defense
- Train players how to transition from your base set and adjust depending on the situation
64 minutes. 2014.
High School Volleyball Systems: Rotational Defense
The rotation defense is a perfect fit for teams that get beat by the tip and have a strong middle blocker. Coach Dorsey demonstrates how to teach and implement a rotational defensive system. You'll learn the base, attack defense from all three positions and drills to get your team countless reps running the defense.
- Learn how to defend against an opponent who excessively tips or hits roll shots to the middle of the court
- Learn different techniques to close the gaps in your defense
- Learn how to use this defense against all attacks
- Learn how to incorporate competitive drills into your practices for training the rotational defensive system
49 minutes. 2014.