Strategic Position Training for Volleyball Series
In stock! FREE Shipping.Our price is always the lowest price
allowed by the manufacturer!
Featuring Nancy Dorsey,
St. James Academy (KS) Head Coach;
2015 AVCA National High School Coach of the Year;
2015 Kansas Class 5A state champions;
seven state titles in nine years 2008-15 (finished runner up twice);
2x PrepVolleyball.com National Champions (2013, 2010);
VBM 2013 High School Team of the Year; American Family Insurance 2013 All-USA Volleyball Coach of the Year;
won 56 straight matches from 2012-13; lost only one set in 2013 (finishing 96-1); over 420 career wins
In 2006, when St. James Academy opened in Lenexa (KS) Nancy Dorsey became the head coach at a brand new school with only a freshman class. In just nine varsity seasons Coach Dorsey's teams have won seven Kansas High School State Championships and finished second twice. Dorsey's teams have also received national recognition being crowned the PrepVolleyball.com National Champs in the 2010 and 2013 seasons. In 2013, Dorsey's team remained unbeaten, going 46-0, dropping only one single set the entire season. The Thunder also finished 4th in the nation (PrepVolleyball.com) in the 2008 and 2011 seasons as well as a 3rd place National finish in 2015. In 2013 Dorsey was named the American Family Insurance All-USA Coach of the Year. This season Dorsey was selected as the AVCA National Coach of the Year. Her overall record at St. James Academy is 421-30.
This 3 video bundle includes:
How to Train a Pin Player
Develop complete left and right side hitters who can effectively block, pass, transition and attack
- Teach your hitters a variety of different shots to use when they can't hit a set hard
- Teach your left and right side hitters the correct way to play off blocker defense away from the set
- Learn how outside hitters can transition from blocking and passing to hitting
54 minutes. 2016.
How to Train a Setter
Develop complete setters who can block, attack and set - and have great court awareness
- Learn how to progress technique for setters to develop accuracy while building wrist, shoulder and core strength
- Teach setters how to see the middle blocker and "set away" to get an easy kill
- Stop your setters from leaving early on defense
47 minutes. 2016.
How to Train a Middle
Develop complete middles who can block, attack, transition and play defense
- Challenge your middles to become strong hitters who can help speed up your offense
- Train your middles to read the opponent's setters and adjust quickly to block hitters
- Teach your middles three ways to terminate all overpasses - and when to execute each one
55 minutes. 2016.