Tom Izzo: Open Practice Series
In stock! FREE Shipping.Our price is always the lowest price
allowed by the manufacturer!
featuring Tom Izzo,
Michigan State University Head Coach;
Distinguished member of the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame (2016);
3x National Coach of the Year,
2000 NCAA Tournament Champions; 7 Final Four appearances;
7x Big Ten and 4x Big Ten Tournament Champions; 3x Big Ten Coach of the Year
This three-video series includes:
Open Practice: Offensive Playbook
Take a page out of Tom Izzo's playbook to structure multiple phases of your offense and to create scoring opportunities for your best players
- Attack any zone defense with multiple set plays that will create quality scoring options
- Get five actions (each with counters) from the Horns set to get high percentage shots against man-to-man defense
- Learn how to structure your fast break to create reliable scoring actions by organizing the roles of your players
118 minutes. 2015.
Open Practice: Defense & Rebounding Drills
Mold your team into a hard-nosed defensive unit that prides itself on out-muscling and out-rebounding opponents
- Get your players into position to help on dribble penetration and deny cutters
- Learn how to develop ball screens strategies based on your scouting report
- Build better rebounders by improving "box-out" or "block out" technique and positioning
"I enjoyed the opportunity to see how Coach Izzo runs his practice. You can see that he concentrates on the fundamental approach to winning games. The rebounding to transition section of this video was my favorite, the opportunity too see a hall of fame coach coaching up his most famous drill is what really sells this video for me. I also enjoyed the shell progression drills." - Customer Review
68 minutes. 2015.
Open Practice: Skill Development Drills
Develop the fundamentals your players need to become multi-dimensional threats on offense
- Practice the shots players will take within your offense using the Three Man Shooting drill
- Use individual and group drills to develop shooting, ball-handling, attacking off of the dribble, drive & kicks and more
- Work on low post skills using drills for developing jump hooks, drop-steps, jumpers and more
63 minutes. 2015.