Team Oriented Drills to Improve Your Play
In stock! FREE Shipping.Our price is always the lowest price
allowed by the manufacturer!
with Thanh Pham; University of St. Thomas Head Coach; 2013 NCAA D-III
National Champions; 2013 MIAC Coach of the Year. 4X MIAC Coach of the Year; 7x
MIAC Champions; in his 10-year run as head coach (2003-13), Pham has produced
the league's Player of the Year six times; his teams have a conference winning
percentage of .900 in league play
NCAA Division III National Championship coach Thanh Pham coaches his team
through a series of 11 teams drills. These drills develop a variety of skills
and concepts including serving, serve-receive, aggressive attacking, team
defense, hustle, out of system play, composure, celebration and more. Because
Coach Pham shares many variations for each drill, you can use them practice
after practice by simply changing the assignments to keep them fresh. These
drills will challenge your team throughout the season.
These drills will help your players not only enjoy practice, but also all the
little things like shagging balls and hustling in and out of breaks.
If you believe `the game teaches the game', then Coach Pham's excellent
collection of 6-on-6 drills will help train your team in game-like situations
while still focusing on specific areas of team and individual improvement.
Your players will have fun while learning to play as a team.
The drills include:
- 6-on-6 Tips and Rolls Drill - This warm-up drill will allow you to check
your team's movements and assignments. Whatever you want to emphasize and
improve on, emphasize it in this drill.
- Effort Drill - This is a fun team drill to get your players to
communicate better and give greater effort during a match. This drill has
two rules your players will want to learn to stay in the drill longer.
- Two Ball Simultaneous Drill - Players will work through chaos,
communicate and learn focus on what is happening on the other side of the
net. Your team will work on time outs during this drill to problem solve so
they can win both balls during this drill and gain a point to win the drill.
- Bounce Drill - Your players will have fun with this drill while learning
to pursue every ball all over the gym, play it up and get it back over the
- Dave's Drill - Teach your team ball control, movement and pattern
recognition while playing defense. This drill will enable you to hold your
players accountable for their specific responsibilities.Servers Verses
- Passers Drill - This is a timed drill in a competitive setting designed
to train players to serve under control, be aggressive and pass to target.
- Two Ball Wash Drill - Train your team to "focus on the next ball"
whether they win or lose the first ball. Repeat Serve-Receive Drill - Help
your team work on play sets, terminate on the first attempt, and help
attackers become confident when going for the kill.
- 5-on-7 Drill - This outside blocking drill will teach your players to
keep their composure, give 100% while playing defense and to score on
offense off of a free ball.
- The Three "C's" Drill - Teach your team to "Cover, Communicate,
- Steal the Bacon - A fun drill that works on team defense and coaching
emotion to keep your players playing hard and giving total effort.
88 minutes. 2013.