As a wrestler, Kerry McCoy has won 2 NCAA Championships, competed in two Olympic games, won a silver medal at the World Championships and was a 3x All American. As a coach, he has worked with the U.S. Olympic Team, won 3 Coach of the Year titles and won 2 Conference Championships. Now, you can get instruction right from this great wrestler and coach!
In this DVD, Kerry McCoy teaches you drills that every wrestling program can use to build good habits and dominate opponents on the mat!
With the help of two college wrestlers, Coach McCoy several drills to help
you excel in these areas:
• Warm-up Drills - Stance & motion, misdirection attacks, downblocking and sprawling - all designed to help warm up your athletes and reinforce fundamentals. Your wrestler will become comfortable in his stance and will be able to attack from all types of situations. McCoy also explains how you can change the intensity of these drills and use them for warming-up, cooling down, and conditioning your athletes.
• Foot Speed Drills - Nine drills that are perfect for increasing quickness and coordination. Train your wrestlers to stay in "good" position and recover quickly from being in "bad" position. Also great for post-practice conditioning.
• Pummeling Drills - See three different variations that are great for developing upper body skills to improve set-ups and shots. Includes five variations of hand fighting drills. Hand fighting is essential to being an elite wrestler. It allows you to set-up your offense, clear ties, and be a better wrestler defensively.
• The "3 Man Drill" - Good for drilling technique with an odd number of wrestlers. The attacking wrestler will be able to alternate takedowns with his partners without the need for any breaks in between. Teaches your wrestlers to be aggressive and hustle while working on their conditioning.
• The Standup Drill - Using a wall to hone stand up skills when a partner is not available, focusing on back pressure throughout.
These drills are great for for coaches and wrestlers at all levels and will help develop the habits and skills needed to dominate your opponents. Drilling is a vital part of every wrestling practice and these drills will give your wrestlers the competitive edge. DVD. 39 minutes. 2013.
Reg Price: $119.97
Drill intensely and with a purpose during practice!
Hand fighting is an essential wrestling skill!
Includes drills from neutral, top, and bottom positions!
with Mark Branch, University of Wyoming Head Coach
Train your wrestlers to get to their feet quicker!